TutorialsPhotobucketSponsorsPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, January 21, 2012

1/21/2012

1/21/2012
Today we woke up and it was pouring rain. Rain puts a serious damper on the garage sales but we decided to get out there anyway and see what we could find.
ROBIN'S FINDS
I bought this little toy for $1. I found it at kmart.com for 19.99! Click here to see. Paisley has a birthday coming up so it will make a good birthday gift!

With Valentines coming up I want to put up a few holiday decorations around the house. Garage sales are the perfect place to find these decorations. These ones aren't the best but I think if I tweak them a little bit they will look really cute. I spent .25 cents on each.

OTHER AWESOME DEALS
Even though they are old these antique windows can still be pretty expensive! This guy only wanted $15 for these!
There are so many cute ideas using old windows. Here are a few I pulled off Pinterest.

I love the idea of using old windows in your home decor. I have my own old window project I will be getting started on soon!
Sesame Street DVD. I get all of my DVD's from garage sales and we have TONS! Lots of Sesame street, Barney, Dora, Disney. I don't normally pay more than 1 dollar for mine unless its one that I know Jaysa will love. When buying DVD's also remember to ALWAYS look at the back of the DVD to make sure there aren't too many scratches on it. I have made this mistake several times.

Tinkerbell dressup- $1. Sorry it's a blurry picture. If you have little girls you know how expensive dress ups can be. My girls have an entire dresser full of dressups I have found at garage sales. I don't pay more than $1 for them.

Ok. I know this is a pitiful picture. However again, it is so easy to find holiday decorations at garage sales! This was a really big wreath. It came up to my hips and is prelight. The decor on the wreath is ugly but with a little TLC it could look beautiful! I tried to talk my husband into this one but he said no. The guy only wanted $5 for it! We would have had to strap it to the top of our car cause it was so big.

I wanted this SO bad! I LOVE this antique bed. I really like the idea of making a bed into a bench for my front porch like this
BUT the guy wanted $90 for it. I asked him if he would go down and he said he would go to $70 but that is still too much for me. I got his number and asked him what he was going to do if it didn't sell. He said he was going to put it on craigslist. Maybe I will keep an eye out for it and see if he will go down on it later if it doesn't sell.

So for the entire day all I bought was the Vtech turtle toy and the Valentines decorations. I spent a total of $1.50. Wish the day had been better but I wasn't expecting much because of the rain. To make our bad garage sale day worth while we all went to breakfast!
Me and Jaysa
Paisley and C.J.

RE-STORE
We also headed to our local Re-Store, which is another place to find great deals. The Re-Store is like a D.I. or Goodwill but for building materials. Everything is donated and is pretty inexpensive. They have everything from doors and windows to
roofing tiles...50 cents a piece
bath tubs
LOTS of flooring
sinks
toilets
fans... These fans were all about $40
lighting fixtures....All lighting fixtures varied in price these ones were a little over $60. Still a little expensive in my opinion but cheaper than buying them new!

Just like D.I. the store is always changing so you have to check in every once in a while to see what they have!

0 comments:

Post a Comment